Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Painful Week

So, a week ago today, Leo had yet to get up at 9:30 am. This is VERY unusual, so I went to check on him and found he had a temp of 103.7. We gave him a bath, some motrin and kept offering fluids. Several hours later, he began vomiting and continued, and continued. He was so weak, he could barely hold his head above the toilet and around 5 am on Monday morning, Leo took him to the emergency room. They started an iv and gave him fluids and no more vomit medicine.

He was home after 5 hours or so and make a super quick recovery. By Tuesday, he was completely back to making me crazy :) Here is his i.v. bruise almost a week later. Ouch!



Not to be completely left out, Lindsay found some ants on the patio that were between homes I guess. They literally attacked one foot and leg, leaving her with about 12 bites. Ouch! Her little foot became swollen and she ran a fever of 101.7. After some benadryl, cortisone cream, motrin and a good night's sleep, she was back to normal as well.





And, I do write this blog, so here's a picture of my knee. We have to put the trash can on top of the island in the kitchen to keep the dogs out of the trash and I was putting it back on the floor when I hit my knee with it. It hurt, lots, picture doesn't do it justice, I assure you. Ouch.

2 comments:

  1. poor leo. he looks terrible! glad he is feeling better. and if it makes lindsay feel any better, shaun got 12 ant bites this week too. i like that you included your knee too :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so goes another week at the Angele house! lol So glad that bad week is behind you. Hopefully this week will be a healthier and safer week for all.

    ReplyDelete