Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Growing Up

Well, we registered Leo for Kindergarten today. I got a bit teary walking into the school and realizing that my little boy was going to be a big boy very soon. The tears were held off by the 10 pages of papers I had to fill out, the way-too-friendly-my-kid-is-super-special parents and of course, the obnoxious children that will soon be teaching my son a thing or two. We made it through and let him play on the school playscape for a bit and the tears started again. It's been a long road from birth at 2 lbs 4oz to now, but its gone by in the blink of an eye. This reminder of time going too fast has reminded me to cherish each day and to not forget my camera ever again.

2 comments:

  1. boo hoo Kerie!! u make me cry too! this is sweet, glad he is signed up and ready to go. A whole new set of adventures for you guys, how exciting! we love ya'll! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a big milestone for him and you.
    It is always hard with the first one going off to school and what almost seems like out into the world!! But we know he is our precious little man and he always will be, no matter how old he gets or what grade he is in, though he may not always appreciate that fact. lol
    Don't worry that you did not take pictures, there will be plenty of oportunity in the coming months.
    Love
    mom/gk

    ReplyDelete